|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 8 ounces paneer (Indian cheese)
- 2 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil or use half oil and half ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut paneer into 1/2-inch-thick slices than across to form squares (about 1-inch x 1-inch).
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 tablespoon oil with all seasonings then add paneer pieces and toss to coat evenly. Let marinate about 30 minutes if possible.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil (or ghee) in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add paneer. Cook about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm as an appetizer and garnish with chopped cilantro, or with palak or on a salad.